Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread




This recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I had a bunch of frozen, shredded zucchini I needed to use up, so I made this bread. I added chocolate chips to half of the batch since I didn't have any nuts on hand. It turned out so good! My changes are below in red.



INGREDIENTS

3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup butter or margarine, melted (I used Earth Balance instead of butter)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't have nuts so I added chocolate chips to 1 loaf)

DIRECTIONS
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until breads test done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.



No comments: